Saturday, February 15, 2014

I better just start...

I've been desperately wanting to write about all kinds of things: food, my attempts to get healthy (and figure out what healthy means anymore), and the process of picking up the pieces of my life after my Mom passed away in September.  I've got all these feelings and things I want to say - yet sometimes I'm so exhausted by the end of the day, trying to seem like I've got it together and everything is fine, that the idea of saying anything at all seems too much to me.

I also felt the need to organize them - a blog for food, a blog for grief.  I didn't think the two really had much to do with each other.  But - they do.  My food and my quest for answers about health and my love of my mother all play together because they're all a part of my life.  I'm just an almost-thirty-year-old woman trying to figure out how to live my life well, and cook and eat as much as I can along the way.  

So I figure I better just start writing.  I apologize if this blog is a little messy, if it doesn't have a cohesive theme or if a new blog post isn't what you felt like tuning in for.  In that way, "Amateur Hour" is more apt a title than I realized.  I don't know what I'm doing: sometimes I pretend that I do, and I really screw up.  Sometimes I'm just messing around and I hit on a great success.  But I learn a little more each day, and when I learn something new, I want to share it with other people who like to learn.  I hope you find something to enjoy in this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment